Position – Reliability Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company that has 5 functions to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center, and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB’s 5 divisions globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy-efficient operations.
Reporting to the Head of Solution & Value Engineering and you will be contributing with your own ideas to identify, propose, and implement innovative technology development and solutions. Solving industrial problems independently.
- Identifying, documenting, creating boundary condition definitions, and articulating the business value proposition for industrial automation digital solutions.
- Collaborating effectively with different business units within the organization to collate the knowledge and customer expectations for evaluation and consideration for solution development.
- Conceptualizing digital solutions and develop working prototypes for evaluation and customer demonstration.
- Developing scenarios for application of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence with the cross-functional data and developing a base algorithm for different scenarios.
- Conceptualizing designs for value engineering scenarios to incorporate in digital transformation solutions in asset performance management, reliability, RCM, CBM, Predictive maintenance, etc.
- Working closely with customers and business units to architect and develop customer-centric solutions tailored to their requirements.
- Providing industry-specific domain insights for rich proposal responses by articulating customer value proposition.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Tech/B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation from a reputed institution.
- Required 5-10 years of overall work experience in the reliability domain with a significant portion in the steel domain.
- Experience in risk-based inspection of equipment in the hot and cold rolling area, processing areas, Furnace, rollers, etc., inspection programs, root cause analysis, risk quantification, and mitigation plans.
- Hands-on experience in reliability matrix and standards, failures analysis, condition-based maintenance, plant MoC, RCM techniques such as RBM, FMECA, and MTBF analysis,
- Should have experience in risk analysis of critical process equipment (heat exchanger, columns, compressors, pump, pipelines, etc.).
- Experience in the planning of shutdowns/overhauls, asset life cycle management, CMMS, inspections.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).