Position – R&D Simulation Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra
- Responsible for mechanical and electrical design.
- Responsible for the detailed design, 2D drawings, concept, and CAD 3D models.
- Responsible for simulation of Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) with different kinds of insulating gases.
- Designing of sheet metal parts, cast, machined metal parts, molded plastic parts, and respective simulation.
- Responsible for metal forming and manufacturing process knowledge and optimization.
- Designing reviews in close communication with other R&D Project Managers and technical experts.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the design and development of GIS, especially in simulation.
- Excellent competence with CAD (Pro-E, Solidworks, etc.), Smarteam/Windchill preferred.
- Reading technical drawings and experience in PLM systems is required.
- Excellent competence with simulation tools- Ansys, Adams, Creo.
- Excellent English language skills-written and spoken.