Position – Quality Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Quality Engineer LMG role, reporting to Quality Manager in Motion division located in Vadodara. Support the implementation, maintenance and compliance of Procurement & Logistics (PL) Practice approved activities. Executes assigned activities based on the standard procedures.Your responsibilities
- Promotes and supports the deployment of the local Quality and Operational Excellence (Q&OpEx) strategy to accelerate the rate of operational improvement.
- Establishes and implements Q& OpEx priorities and targets in cooperation with functional team members across all functions within the local operation.
- Trains and coaches local teams in the standard quality improvement approach (i.e. 4Q) to develop organization capability to continuously improve business practices and performance.
- Conducts benchmarking and best practice spreading within the operations to embed a culture of excellence in operational performance.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with, instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements.
- Assists with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction.
- BE / Diploma (Mechanical).
- 3 to 10 years of experience.
- Exposure in handling rotating machines.
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite