Position – Project Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Project Engineer and will be part of the Process Automation for Process Industries division based out in Bangalore, India. In this role, you will be reporting to Senior Project Lead Engineer and will be primarily responsible for performing design and engineering drawings of high-power rectifier containers, enclosures, panel fabrications, layouts, busbar drawings, busbar support drawings, assembly drawings, erection specifications, erection supervision for our ABB equipment like Rectifier Control Panel, Rectifier, DM Cooling System, Rectifier Transformer and non-ABB components for other field devices and equipment. Extending required technical and process-related support to the assigned customers.
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Providing technical support for testing, installation, and commissioning activities. Preparing project documentation within your scope of deliverables
- Finalizing ‘Fail-Safe Philosophy’ and other key concepts as part of kick-off and design freeze meetings. Actively participating in project meetings and resolving any outstanding technical issues to meet contractual obligations
- Applying basic design thinking or design for excellence concepts in projects. Utilizing checklists to perform design verification according to applicable standards and engineering guidelines
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to your area of responsibility and ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements
- Supporting technical risk assessments and implementing resulting actions for projects. Reporting any contract/safety/quality/program/cost issues to project manager(s) for resolution
- Ensuring the bill of material (BOM) for the project meets contractual obligations and project gross margin requirements by not generating project left-over material (PLOM)
- Following-up work plans and estimating costs provided by the project manager and ensuring quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost. Collaborating with the supply chain function and the project manager(s) to meet the contractual obligations
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering from a reputed university
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience in designing and engineering drawings using AutoCAD – 3D tool (solid edge / Inventor preferable)
- Experience in products like switchgear panels, compact sub-stations (CSS), structural steel aluminum containers, E-house, and busbar design
- Experience in finite element analysis (FEA) would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Protection class of enclosures, Busbar sizing/Cable sizing/Current density of materials, GD&T symbols in the drawing
- Knowledge of Structural materials like ISMC/ISMB/ISA/Tubes etc.
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products, and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, and reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services, and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries – Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers, and Food and Beverage. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. Work model: on-site #LI-onsite