Position – Associate Project Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
Associate Project Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is an Associate Project Engineer role, reporting to Operations Manager in Process Automation Business Area, based out of Bangalore; India. You will be primarily responsible to coordinate the work of local and cross functional project team. Also, support engineering activities under the supervision of senior engineer in all types of projects sizes and complexities. Complete tasks cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Must be responsible for designing of excitation systems for synchronous machines like synchronous generator and motor and responsibility includes design, procurements, manufacture, delivery and commissioning and handing over.
- Must have experience in making specification for all Electrical switch gear items, Transformer, Preparation of schematics and Erection of above supplied equipment’s. Analyzing/Simulating power system/Power electronic related aspects.
- Must be Responsible for auxiliary components/switchgear/transformer and defining technical requirements and interfaces with sub suppliers. Besides making specification, the person will support the customer and vendors.
- During the whole project phase, you will handle the technical and related commercial documentation of your project. Further you will also visit customer sites to analyze site problems/ take measurements related to system part and also the person to inspect transformers vendor’s factory.
- Must have experience in Power systems and Power Electronics with sound experience in power converters design, knowledge of PLC, DC Drives, and Power plant experience in generator and its associates like generator controls, protection and excitation system would be preferred as an addition experience. Knowledge on tools like e3, E-plan (Electrical drafting tool) and SAP (ERP) would be preferred.
- Must have very good knowledge in the field of power electronics and synchronous machines. Person with good communication skills and capability to communicate with technical and non-technical people would be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical (Mech) or Diploma in Mechanical Engg.
- Required with 3+ years experience IN Project Engineer.
- Must have experience in AUTO CAD, Solid edge, Solid Works & Pro-E, Creo
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite