Position – Mechanical Design & Simulation
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) business area is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine, and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries, and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
This is a Mechanical Design & Simulation role, reporting to the Team Manager in Business Area – RA located in ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL), Bangalore. You will be a part of a highly specialized team in the Robotics and Discrete Automation Business Area.
- Managing industrial processes and robotic application automation projects as assigned.
- Developing a 3D layout for the robotic simulation.
- Interacting with customers to get project input details.
- Preparing detailed 2D drawings using Auto Cad for the robotics applications.
- Preparing 3D models using CAD software.
- Doing technical documentation like product manuals, operator manuals for the projects executed.
- Performing other activities as requested.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree/ diploma in mechanical /mechatronics /industrial engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in either a consulting engineering firm or in an operating engineering environment.
- Sound knowledge of factory automation, SPMs, and robotics applications and exposure to dot net programming would be added advantage.
- Should be capable to evolve, develop and implement best suitable robotic solution for manufacturing industry.
- Must have experience working with a simulation software like Robot Studio, Rob cad etc. and experience in designing using 3D software’s like Solid works, Catia V5, NX will be added advantage.
- Exposure to robotics automation, automotive industry and general industry would be added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a Team Environment and willingness to travel to domestic as well as international assignments as per requirement.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.