Position – Category Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators, and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a Category Specialist role, reporting to the Team Lead in Business Area – Motion located in Vadodara. You will be responsible for supporting regional/global sourcing initiatives either under the leadership of a regional/global category manager or independently if under a defined threshold and ensuring run benchmark studies for the category team and for specific sourcing activities.
- Supporting the development and implementation of regional/global sourcing in close alignment with the regional/global category leader.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renew pricelists, terms & conditions, and driving commodity cost management objectives and cost savings, delivering continuous and sustainable cost reduction through supplier negotiations.
- Running benchmark studies for the category team and for specific sourcing initiatives.
- Creating local contract amendments to frame agreements on the behalf of a country and updates/maintain frame contracts.
- Supporting regional/global sourcing initiatives within a defined set of categories, working closely with key stakeholders to implement regional category strategies.
- On-boarding new suppliers in close collaboration with the respective plant buyers and run regular supplier evaluations and provide supplier reports to business & category managers.
- Running regional sourcing initiatives under a defined threshold.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B. Tech / B.E in Mechanical or equivalent from a reputed university.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement as commodity/category buyers.
- Must have good negotiation, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must have strategic thinking, analytical, co-operative.
- Sound knowledge of sourcing strategy, commodity management, understanding the project management process, contractual and legal aspects.
- Good understanding of business practices, market dynamics, and commodity trends.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.