Position – Buyer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a Buyer role, reporting to the Purchase Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for purchasing materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms and ensuring purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identifying, selecting and qualifying new suppliers and issuing requests for quotations.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs, recommending frame agreements to management and executing upon approval.
- Analyzing and evaluating bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensuring invoice processing.
- Overseeing supplier performance (on time delivery, delivery quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues.
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements (based on ERP or SOP / project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducting all supply chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in purchase of components and auto parts from automobile / engineering / electrical industry.
- SAP-MM will be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with ability to drive results.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.