Position – Buyer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as a Buyer and will be part of the Electrification Business Area for the Distribution Solutions division based in Nashik, India. In this role, you will be reporting to the Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for purchasing materials according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule, and terms. Ensuring purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identifying new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category teams and qualifying new suppliers in cooperation with supplier quality and engineering specialists. Negotiating agreements with main suppliers and periodically renewing prices, terms, and conditions
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs and recommending frame agreements to management and executing it upon approval. Analyzing and evaluating bids in order to determine the optimal value
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Responsible for tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensuring invoice processing
- Overseeing supplier performance on-time delivery, quality, lead time, and resolving performance issues
- Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures and confirming delivery with suppliers, monitoring and tracking supplier performance to purchase order requirements
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements based on enterprise resource planning (ERP) standard operating procedures (SOP) or project requirements in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability, and price
- Conducting all procurement activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures and ensuring the SAP Ariba platform is kept updated as defined in the procedure
- Diploma or B.E in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum 1 to 4 years of experience in procurement of switchgear or automobile components
- Experience in initiating purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures
- Good negotiation and communication skills
More about us
ABB’s Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial, and commercial customers with safe, smart, and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM-enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring, and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all who fit the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning Work model: on-site #LI-onsite