Position – R&D Mechanical Engineer
- Designing and development of HV Bushings
- Product Engineering (Testing/Qualifications, Design and Documentation Management, Project Plans/Proposal, Technical communications, Prototype development)
- Identifying Opportunities, Product Gaps, Competition, Cost/Price Analysis
- Identifying, prioritizing, deciding & driving the Projects for Localization & New Developments
- Use of six sigma tools like QFD / DOE/ FMEA in the projects
- Coordinating with cross functional team
- Identifying potential issues / perform detailed analysis to determine failure root cause, and
- Implement appropriate solutions
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.E/M.E in Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in Product Design & Development.
- Working knowledge in design & development of HV products
- Exposure to the use of 3D modeling tools like CREO & PDM etc
- Product life cycle management experience
- Working knowledge of analytical calculations using FEA tools
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools like QFD / DOE/ FMEA / DFR etc
- Knowledge of various production methods, materials, and standards (ISO, DIN, IS)
- Innovative thinking, Cost cut initiatives, patents will be an added advantage