Position – Material Planner
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
- Working in assembly shops involving made to order and make to stock scenarios.
- Coordinating with various cross functions like testing, stores, packing, engineering, purchase, and production.
- Demand planning & Material forecasting process.
- Responsible for master planning of capacity & materials through SAP.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- At least Degree or Diploma in Mechanical/Production / electrical engineering with a good academic track record.
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in a similar Industry or in case of diploma, the experience of a minimum of 8 to 11 years is required.
- Expertise in PP&MM modules of SAP is required.
- Expertise in SAP MRP data settings & resolution of MRP Exception Messages is required.
- Expertise in Material planning & scheduling and material tracking in projects scenario is required.
- Must have experience in Inventory control, Inventory analysis, Obsolesce reduction.
- Should be competent to set up PP Master Data for new factories.
- Basic knowledge of shop floor loading and scheduling activities, production planning and control.
- Should be familiar with the best manufacturing practices like lean manufacturing, KANBAN, VMI, KAIZEN, etc.