Position – Mechanical Operations Engineer
Company – Aarti Industries
Location – Vapi, Gujarat, IN
Job title – Jr. Exe/ Executive
Span – Multiple plant/ division
Function – Mechanical – Operations
Job Family – Executive
Reporting to – Mechanical Operations Manager
Direct Reportees – Supervisors & Technicians
“Plan and monitor mechanical jobs in respective area to ensure mechanical assets give rated performance throughout their rated life.
Responsible for operation of mechanical assets & systems for maximizing operational performance.”
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Account for timely updation of all equipment/process-related information for the designated area.
- Responsible for the health and performance of all mechanical equipment in the assigned plant/divisions.
- Monitor and report maintenance expenses for assigned plants/divisions.
- Responsible for work allocation and planning for reporting electricians and technicians of assigned plant/divisions.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving energy efficiency of high energy-consuming equipment.
- Take daily line-walk into the area of ownership and plan for corrections on identified deviations, communicated major deviations to the superiors.
- Responsible to prepare monthly MIS reports for the performance of the equipment.
- Energize and involve the team to think and work towards the possibility of improvements in phases of the work profile.
- Responsible for performing jobs as per permit system guidelines.
- Responsible for doing job safety analysis along with company and contract electrician/technician teams before every job.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring no mechanical change or new mechanical change happens outside the purview of MOC.
- Responsible for engineering design, selection, and approval of new mechanical equipment for MOC projects.
- Responsible for the timely execution of all mechanical jobs for MOC projects.
- Responsible for conducting a safety review of mechanical equipment before startup after a long shutdown or after changeover or after completion of MOC.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met pertaining to mechanical equipment to ensure world-class plant conditions.
- Ensure reporting team is trained about all possible emergency scenarios and equipped to handle them in a safe manner.
- Participate in mock drills and share mock drill observations with reporting team.
- Responsible for inculcating “safety first” behavior in reporting to ensure “zero safety incidents”.
- Responsible for carrying out BBS rounds as per the given matrix.
Experience – 3-5 Years
Qualification – BE/B.Tech (Mechanical)
Certifications/Trainings – Sap – PM / MM preferable